• 2 kg – guavas, ripe
• 4 tsp – citric acid
• 1200 g – Sugar
• 8 drops – green food colour
- Peel and pressure cook the guavas with one cup water.
- Mash guava.
- Strain pulp and discard seeds.
- Cook sugar and pulp on low, till all sugar dissolves.
- Cook and stir frequently, till mixture is thick.
- Make sure to stir in continuously else, it would stick to the bottom of the pan. For best results, use a heavy bottomed, non-stick pan.
- Add citric acid and colour.
- Mix till well blended.
- Fill in sterile jar. Cool and store.
- Can be served with rotis, bread or dosas.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi