• 275 gms. chickpeas, presoaked
• 1 onion, finely chopped
• 1 Clove garlic, crushed
• 1 egg, beaten
• 3 tbsp. tahini paste
• 1 tsp. cumin powder
• 100 gms. breadcrumbs (or wheatgerm, bulghar or rolled oats)
- Boil the chick peas in fresh water until soft (between 1 and 1 Â½ hours on 30 mins in a pressure cooker).
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Mash the chick peas with the onion and garlic to form a thick pulp.
- Add the tahini paste, the beaten egg, the seasoning and the breadcrumbs (or cereal) and mix well together.
- Divide the mixture into small balls and bake in a greased baking tray for 15-20 mins.