Four Pepper Chicken, fried chicken pieces are saut?ed with garlic, ginger, jalapeno, peppercorns and some more spices. This is a dry version of making chicken that goes very well as a side dish. I usually make this dish using bone-in and skinless chicken at least once in a month. Whenever I make lemon zest pasta, I pair it with this four pepper chicken. Most of the time, I make chicken with coconut milk or lamb meatballs.
This chicken recipe is very quick and easy to make. This can be ready in only 15 minutes if you have chicken thighs ready into small chunks. This dry chicken dish is really a?flavorful?because there are various spices are used to cook it. Chicken chunks are coated with cornstarch, white pepper and salt then deep fried into the?hot oil. Once the chicken is fried, this dish can be made in a jiffy. These fried chicken chunks are stir fried with spices. The spices are garlic, ginger, peppercorns, jalapeno and green pepper. So after stir frying the spices, it is coated to the chicken which makes the tastier and flavorful chicken dish.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
Servings: 3-4 Persons
– 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
– ? cup chili oil
– 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
– 10 whole dried red chilies
– 1 steamed green bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch chunks
– 3 tablespoons Chinkiang (black rice vinegar)
– A Pinch of sea salt
– 2 cups peanut oil
– 2 pounds bone-in skinless chicken thighs, cut into 2-inch chunks through the bone
– 2 heaping tablespoons cornstarch
– ? teaspoon ground white pepper
– 2 roughly chopped garlic cloves
– 2inch long piece of a?ginger, sliced into coins
– 1 jalapeno, stemmed and diced
– 1 tablespoon Sichuan peppercorns
How To Cook?
1. In a mixing bowl, toss the chicken with the cornstarch, white pepper and salt to coat. Set aside for 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil to 350? F in a wok over medium-high heat.
3. Add the chicken and cook, stirring frequently with a slotted spoon, until cooked through, this will takes around 5 minutes. Drain well.
4. Now, drain all but 1 tablespoon of oil from the wok. Add garlic, ginger and jalapeno and stir-fry briefly until softened.
5. Then, add peppercorns and dried chilies and give it a toast. Toss it continuously until fragrant and the chilies begin to blacken.
6. Add chicken, green peppers and toss until very hot and beginning to soften.
7. Pour in the vinegar and soy sauce and toss until well combined.
8. Add the chili oil and cook until heated through.
9. Transfer it to the serving plate or a bowl, drizzle sesame oil over the top. Serve hot.