• 1 kg – Chicken pieces
• 250 g – Tomato
• 1 tsp – salt
• 1 tbsp – soya sauce
• 1 tbsp – Lime juice
• 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp – salted Butter
• 0.75 tsp – Sugar
• 2 tbsp – Garlic
• 2 tbsp – Ginger
• 2 tbsp – chilli powder
- Grind together garlic, ginger, chilli powder, and soya sauce.
- To this, add salt and lime juice and mix well.
- Marinate the chicken in this mixture for an hour.
- Steam chicken till it is properly cooked (or microwave for 3 minutes on medium power)
- Blend tomatoes with a little water and strain.
- Remove the cooked chicken pieces from the marinade.
- Heat 1/4 cup butter in a frying pan and fry the chicken till it becomes golden brown on all sides.
- Add marinade, tomato juice, and sugar.
- When the gravy thickens, add the rest of the butter and mix.
- Serve hot with naan or paratha.
Recipe courtesy of Swapna