• 10 cubes – cheese, grated
• 4 – small onions, finely chopped
• 2 tbsp – coriander leaves, finely chopped
• 20 – bread slices
• 8 – green chillies, finely chopped
• Pepper powder as per taste
• Salt to taste
• oil for frying
- Mix the cheese, onions, green chillies, coriander leaves, pepper and salt in a bowl.
- Trim the sides of the bread slices. Flatten each slice with a rolling pin.
- Before making the cheese balls, apply a little water on each slice.
- Place a heaped tbsp of the cheese mixture in the centre of the slice.
- Gather the sides and shape into a ball.
- Repeat with the remaining slices.
- Deep-fry until golden.
- Serve with tomato ketchup or schezwan sauce.
Recipe courtesy of Anita Raheja