• 1/2 kg – Carrots (gajar), washed, peeled and grated finely
• 1 – small tin evaporated Milk (or 1 small cup full Cream Milk)
• 1 – small tin Nestle Cream (or crumbled khoya, 200 g)
• 6 tsp – Sugar
• 1 tsp – Cardamom powder
• Saffron (kesar) dissolved in 1/2 cup Milk
• Rose water – 1 tsp
• 1 tbsp – Ghee
• Almonds and Pistachios (blanched and flaked or ground to a coarse powder)
- Put the grated carrot in a deep casserole, add evaporated milk and cardamom powder.
- Mix it and keep in the microwave on high for 10 minutes.
- Remove casserole, add cream (or khoya), sugar, saffron, ghee and rose water.
- Mix well.
- Put it back in the microwave for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from microwave and mix well.
- Serve warm sprinkled with almonds and pistachios.
Recipe courtesy of Nafisa Mithaiwala