Gathiya is a popular Gujarati snack on festival occasion like Diwali and also a breakfast snack. That consisting of small pieces of crunchy noodles made from gram flour paste and seasoned with pepper powder, carom seeds and turmeric powder. It is a household snack item in Gujarat and it is another great tea time snack and a great accompaniment to fried chillies. It’s not too difficult to make here I am sharing simple and easy recipe for the Gathiya.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 2-3 Persons
– 2 cups gram flour
– ? cup oil, for dough
– 1 teaspoon aniseeds
– 1 teaspoon grounded black pepper
– ? teaspoon baking soda
– Salt to taste
– Oil for frying
How To Cook?
1. In a Bowl, mix together all dry Ingredients along with oil.
2. Add around ? cup of water gradually to the gram flour mixture then gently mix those Ingredients and form sticky dough.
3. Knead the dough for a couple of minutes and set aside for a while.
4. Meanwhile, heat sufficient oil in deep pan or skillet.
5. Now, take sev maker and set in the big holes disc and grease the maker with little oil.
6. Take little portion of prepared dough and fill into the sev maker.
7. Once oil is heated reduce the heat and over oil slowly press sev maker in circular movement and make sure the gathiya fall as one piece.
8. Fry them from both the sides until turns in golden color. Drain them and put them on an absorbent paper to soak extra oil.
9. Once cooled completely enjoy it with masala tea.