1 cup yellow tuwar dal (split gram)
1/4 teaspoon sesame seeds
1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
Pinch of asafoetida
2 tablespoon crushed jaggery
1 green chilli, chopped
1/4 teaspoon haldi (turmeric powder)
1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
2 tablespoon lemon juice
Chopped coriander and 1 teaspoon grated coconut for garnishing
2 tablespoon oil or ghee (clarified butter)
Salt to taste
1. Wash tuwar dal, soak for 15 minutes.
2. Add water, salt, haldi powder and cook in a pressure cooker until done.
3. Beat the cooked dal with the help of beater.
4. Heat oil in a wok or kadhai, add asafoetida, sesame seeds, mustard seeds and allow it to crackle.
5. Add green chilies. Remove from heat.
6. Now add red chilli powder and immediately add pressure cooked dal.
7. Add water to make a thin consistency, lemon juice, jaggery and boil for 8-10 minutes.
8. Garnish with fresh coriander and coconut.
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes