Aromatic and delicious Chinese fried rice with chicken and prawn in a spicy red sauce
1 cups basmati rice or long grained rice
1/2 cup shredded chicken
1/2 cup shredded prawns
1 sliced onion
1/2 cup chopped spring onion
1 cup sliced capsicum and red bell pepper
1/2 cup french beans, cut at an angle
1/4 cup chopped mushrooms (optional)
1/4 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup cooked small shrimp
4 dried red chilies (to taste)
2 peeled whole garlic cloves
1 teaspoon minced garlic
2 finely chopped green chilies
1 inch grated ginger
1 tablespoon brown vinegar
1 tablespoon soya sauce
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon black pepper powder
2 tablespoon oil
Oil for frying
Salt to taste
1. Boil dried red chilies and whole garlic cloves in 1 cup water for 5 minutes.
2. Drain and grind to a smooth paste.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a big open pan and saute minced garlic and then remove and keep the garlic aside.
4. Put rice in the garlic flavored oil and cook in the open pan with 4 cups water until done and cool it.
5. Fry chicken and prawns separately in a pan and keep aside.
6. Heat oil in a large pan, add minced garlic, ginger, green chilies and saute for a minute.
7. Add in onion and fry until golden brown.
8. To this add chilli-garlic paste and fry for a minute.
9. Add capsicum, red bell pepper, beans, ajinomotto, required amount of salt and fry for 2-3 minutes. The vegetables should be crisp.
10. Now add spring onion, celery, mushrooms, shrimps and fry for 2 minutes.
11. Add rice, fried chicken and prawns, soya sauce, vinegar, sugar, black pepper powder, salt if required and toss well so that rice, chicken, prawns and veggies are properly mixed.
12. Serve hot.