• 1 pound – ginger, cleaned and cut thin and round
- Pour oil in tawa till it is half full.
- Heat it and deep fry ginger till golden brown and crispy.
- Transfer the fried ginger to a kitchen paper towel to absorb excess oil.
- Fry all the ginger and let it cool.
- In another dry tawa, warm the powders together with salt until fragrant.
- Grind ginger with these powders till very fine.
- Boil 2-3 tbsp of oil used for frying ginger and splutter mustard, red chillies, curry leaves in that.
- Pour the tamarind juice and allow it to boil.
- When it boils add the ginger-chilli powders to it and let it thicken.
- When it starts to thicken, add the jaggery.
- Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Add more tamarind juice if required and allow it to boil.
- Transfer it to jar after cooling.
- Use it like pickle.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi