• Rice – 2 cups
• Chana dal – 1 cup
• Urad Dal – 1 cup
• Methi seeds – 1 tbsp
• 1 Coconut (scraped)
• Jaggery – 2″ lump or as per required to sweeten the extracted Coconut Milk
• Cardamom – 3 nos.
• Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
• Salt – to taste
- Soak the rice, dals and the methi seeds separately overnight.
- Grind them in to fine paste and mix together.
- Set aside for 6-8 hrs and allow the batter to ferment.
- Scrape the coconut.
- Grind it in the mixer along with cardamom and water.
- Extract the the milk. The water quantity should be such that the milk is thick.
- Dissolve the jaggery in the extracted milk.
- Before serving add turmeric powder and salt to the batter and make dosas.
- The dosas should be thick like pancakes.
- Serve it with the coconut milk.
Recipe courtesy of Shalaka