Spicy green curry made with peas and potatoes
1 cup matar (peas)
2 medium sized potato, diced
1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
2 whole dry red chilies
1/2 teaspoon haldi (turmeric) powder
1 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
1 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
1 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
Oil for frying
3-4 tablespoon oil
Salt to taste
1. Heat oil in a pan and deep fry potatoes to golden brown. Remove and keep aside.
2. Blend peas, without using water, to a smooth paste.
3. Heat oil in a separate kadhai, add cumin seeds, whole red chilies and allow it to crackle.
4. Add peas paste and fry until oil separates and it gives out a nice aroma.
5. Add chopped tomatoes, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder and fry for 5 minutes.
6. Add fried potatoes, garam masala and mix well.
7. Add water to make a medium thick consistency and bring it to a boil.
8. Turn off the heat and serve hot.
Cooking time: 35-40 minutes