• seedless Dates – 500 gms
• Ghee – 1/4 cup
• dry Ginger powder – 1 tsp
• Walnuts – 2 cup, finely chopped
• roasted sesame seeds – 2 tbsp
- Chop the dates finely.
- Add Ghee and cook in a thick bottomed pan, over low flame till the dates are softened and the Ghee is absorbed.
- Mix in the ginger powder.
- Line the base of a 9 inch cake tin with aluminium foil and let the foil hang over two sides of the tin.
- Grease the foil with some melted Ghee.
- Press 1/2 the date mixture in the prepared tin.
- Sprinkle the walnuts over it.
- Spread the remaining date mixture over the walnuts and press down firmly.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds on top and press them lightly to stick to the dates.
- Leave to cool for several hours.
- Lift the set cake carefully out of the tin, holding the two over hanging edges of the foil.
- Cut the cake into small squares and store in an air tight container.