• Â¾ cup – salt
• Â¾ cup – split mustard
• Â½ cup – oil
• Â½ tsp – asafetida
• 1 tsp – Turmeric powder
• 2 tbsp – coriander Cumin seed powder
• juice of small Lemon
- Remove the stem and slit the chillies vertically.
- Remove the seeds.
- Grind the split mustard to a coarse powder.
- Add all the masalas and half the quantity of oil to coarse mustard powder.
- Mix well and stuff in the slit chillies.
- Pour the remaining oil over the stuffed chillies.
- Mix gently so that all the chillies absorb the masala.
- The pickled chillies will be ready in 2 to 3 days.
Recipe courtesy of Anitha Raheja