An aromatic and delicious Indian sweet made of coconut
1 tin condensed milk
1 cup fresh milk
1 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
2 tablespoon sugar
3-4 string saffron (dissolved in little warm milk)
1 chandi (silver) warak for decoration
1. Add condensed milk, sugar and fresh milk.
2. Heat the mixture in a thick-bottomed pan.
3. Cook over medium heat with and keep stirring until the mixture becomes thick.
4. Add coconut and saffron. Keep stirring the mixture till it leaves the sides of the pan.
5. Remove from heat and spread onto a greased plate.
6. Apply the silver warak on top for decoration. Cool and cut into square shaped barfis.
Cooking time: 35-40 minutes