Hot and spicy pasta with cauliflower and carrot
2 cups Italian pasta
3 tablespoon olive oil or cooking oil
1 large sliced onion
2 garlic cloves minced (optional)
2 chopped capsicum
1/4 cup grated carrot
1/2 cup grated cauliflower
1 cup chopped tomatoes
2 tablespoon sun-dried tomato paste (optional)
2 teaspoon basil powder (herb)
2 tablespoon tomato ketchup
2 tablespoon red chilli sauce
1 teaspoon red chilli powder (as per taste)
Salt to taste
1. Cook pasta in slightly salted boiling water until tender, with a teaspoon of oil for keeping the pasta separate.
2. Once done, remove from heat and strain in running cold water.
3. Heat oil in a heavy-based saucepan. Add garlic, onion and capsicum, fry over high heat until softened.
4. Add tomatoes and fry for 2-3 minutes.
5. Now add carrot and cauliflower and cook until softened.
6. Add pasta, sun-dried tomato paste and saute for a minute.
7. Season with salt and red chilli powder and fry for a further 5 minutes.
8. Now add tomato ketchup and red chilli sauce and saute for a minute.
9. Sprinkle basil powder on top and serve hot.
Cooking time: 35-40