• 2 slices – canned pineapple.
• 2 sprigs – Mint leaves, cleaned, destalked.
• 1 tbsp – juice from can.
• 1/4 – Lemon juice.
• 1 tbsp – Honey or sugar.
• 1 tsp – khus syrup.
• Salt to taste.
• pepper to taste.
• 350 ml – chilled water.
- Put broken slices into an electric blender. Add all ingredients, except salt, pepper, mint.
- When mixture is smooth and frothy, add 350 ml chilled water.
- Pour out, through a non metallic strainer.
- Remove pulpy residue, return juice to blender.
- Add chopped mint, salt, pepper.
- Run again for a few seconds.
- When mint looks like fine shreds, and juice is frothy, stop.
- Pour into tall chilled glasses, making sure froth is also distributed.
- Serve chilled, garnished with wedge of pineapple, cherry or mint.
Recipe courtesy of Saroj Kering