1 cup sour dahi (curd)
3 cups water
2 tablespoon besan (bengal gram)
2 dry red chilies
1 sprig curry leaves
Pinch of hing (asafoetida) powder
1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
1/4 teaspoon mustard seeds
1/ 4 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
1/4 teaspoon red chilli powder
1 tablespoon oil
1 tablespoon fresh coriander leaves finely chopped
Salt to taste
1. Beat curd and besan until smooth.
2. Heat oil in a kadhai or pan, add hing, cumin seeds, mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, curry leaves, red chilies and allow it to crackle.
3. Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and water.
4. Now add curd mixture and salt, stirring continuously until a boil comes.
5. Now simmer for 12-15 minutes.
6. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves just before serving.
Cooking time: 25-30 minutes