Sindhi fish delicacy made with tomatoes and spices
1 medium hamour fillet or promfret fish
1 tablespoon garlic paste
1 bay leaf
2 green cardamoms
1 small stick cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
1 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
1 teaspoon kasoori methi (dry fenugreek leaves)
3 tablespoon oil
Salt to taste
5 tomatoes, chopped
1/2 cup coriander leaves, chopped
1 tablespoon chopped ginger
2 green chilies, chopped finely
1. Cut fish in 4 equal parts.
2. Mix fish with salt and refrigerate for half an hour. After half an hour, take it out and wash properly with water. Keep aside.
3. Grind tomatoes with other paste ingredients to a smooth paste.
4. Heat oil in a kadhai, add bay leaf, cardamom, cinnamon, garlic paste and fry for a minute.
5. Now add the tomato paste, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, kasoori methi and fry until oil separates.
6. Add fish, mix well, add enough water to make thick gravy, cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until the fish is cooked.
7. Serve hot.
Cooking time: 40-45 minutes