• 3 – large Potatoes (boiled and mashed)
• 2 – medium Carrots (cut into small pieces)
• 10 – beans (cut into tiny bits)
• 1 – medium Onion (chopped)
• 1 tsp – Ginger (chopped)
• 1 tsp – Garlic (chopped)
• 3 – Green chillies (chopped finely)
• 1 tsp – Mint (chopped)
• 3 slices – bread
• Salt to taste
• 4 tbsp – oil
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a pan and fry onions till golden brown.
- Add chopped ginger, garlic and green chillies.
- Add carrots, beans and fry well.
- Sprinkle a little water and simmer till the vegetables are tender and all the water is absorbed.
- Add mint and salt, and stir well.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Soak the slices of bread in water for 2 mins, squeeze it dry. Mash well and add to the cooked vegetable mixture.
- Add the mashed potato and mix well.
- Make them into sausage like shapes.
- Heat the remaining oil in a flat pan and shallow-fry the chops till golden brown all over.
Recipe courtesy of Bridget White