A creamy and sweet dessert prepared with vermicelli and milk
1/2 cup (100 gm) vermicelli (seviyan)
1 teaspoon ghee (clarified butter)
1 1/2 liters milk
1/2 cup (100 gm) sugar
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1/4 cup sliced pistachios
1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
1. Heat ghee and fry the vermicelli until golden brown.
2. Boil milk in a pan and after one boil add fried vermicelli, stir well.
3. Cook until the mixture is thick and reduced to half its quantity.
4. Add sugar and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
5. Add cardamom powder, almonds and pistachios. Stir well.
6. Remove from heat. Serve warm or chilled.
Cooking time: 35-40 minutes