• 1 cup – plain flour
• 1/2 tsp – baking powder
• 1/2 cup – Brown sugar (or ground)
• 1/2 cup – Butter
• 3/4 cup – crushed Walnuts
• 15 Walnut quarters
• few drops vanilla essence
• 2-3 pinches salt
- Beat butter and sugar together till light.
- Sieve baking powder, salt and flour together.
- Add flour, essence to butter and mix to form a lump.
- Fold in crushed walnuts. Form small flattish rounds.
- Press in a walnut quarter on top. Preheat oven.
- Place some biscuits at a time on a baking sheet.
- Place far apart enough to allow the biscuits to expand.
- Bake at 150C for 6-7 minutes or till light brown.
- Cool well before removing. Store in airtight jars.
- Repeat for rest.
Recipe courtesy of Saroj Kering