• 500 gms – ground lamb
• 1 cup – parsley, coarsely chopped
• 1 large onion, chopped
• 1 tsp – baharat spice mix (paprika, nutmeg, black peppercorns, coriander seeds, cloves, cumin, green Cardamom seeds and cassia bark)
• 1/2 cup – Pine Nuts
• 1 small tomato, chopped
• 2 Garlic cloves, chopped
• 1/2 tsp – Cinnamon powder
• 5 tsp – Lemon juice
• 5 tsp – Olive oil
• 4 to 6 khubz / Arabic bread
• 1 tsp – salt
- Preheat the grill or barbeque.
- Clean and cut lamb meat into cubes.
- Run in through the meat grinder or process in your food processor using the metal blade to chop finely.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except the bread in a mixing bowl and knead well.
- Open up the khubz or pita breads and spread the meat mixture in a thin layer.
- Close, then smear with olive oil and cook on the preheated charcoal fire/grill at medium heat until cooked.