• 1/2 kg – arvi
• 50g – Ginger
• 1 pod – Garlic
• 8 – Green chillies
• Lemon size ball – Tamarind
• Mustard Seeds for seasoning
- Wash arvi and boil for 10 minutes, peel off the skin and let it dry for a minute.
- Cut ginger, garlic and green chillies and add tamarind and grind them into a nice paste.
- Marinate the boiled and peeled arvi with the paste and set aside for 15 minutes.
- In a tava put three tbsps of refined sunflower oil and season the mustard in it.
- Add the marinated arvi and cook on slow fire till they become crispy on the outer and soft inside.
- Serve with typical south Indian vegetarian thali meal with rice and sambar/ rasam/ vathakulambu.
Recipe courtesy of Vasanthakumar B