• 2 cups – Bajri (millet) flour
• Salt – to taste
• Water – to knead dough
- Mix flour and salt together.
- Add a little water at a time and knead into a soft pliable dough.
- Knead the dough for 2 to 3 minutes, till smooth and elastic.
- Take a ping pong ball sized lump of dough.
- Make a ball and dust with dry bajri flour.
- Roll on a clean polythene sheet or rolling board.
- Use dry flour to dust as you roll.
- Roll it into circles, of 6 cm diameter.
- Dust off excess dry flour and place on warmed griddle.
- Sprinkle a few drops water and brush to coat bhakri evenly.
- Cook the wet side till spots form.
- Invert on direct gas flame, using tongs to hold.
- Roast till brown spots appear and bhakri is crisp.
- Serve hot with any desired vegetable dish or dal.
Recipe courtesy of Saroj Kering