• besan (gram flour) – 5 tsp
• Onion – 1 medium size
• Green chillies – 5
• Garam Masala – 1/2 tsp (optional)
• Jeera – 1/2 tsp
• Lemon juice – 2 tbsp
• Turmeric powder
• Curry leaves
• oil (to season)
• Coriander leaves (cilantro)
• salt to taste
- Mix besan with 4 cups of water. Make sure there are no lumps in the gravy. Add salt and garam masala.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a pan. Season with Jeera.
- Now add finely chopped onions, curry leaves, green chillies, turmeric powder and salt.
- Fry till the onion becomes transparent brown.
- Now add the besan gravy and stir till it becomes semi-solid.
- Remove from the fire and add lemon juice and coriander leaves (plenty).
- This can be eaten as a side dish for pooris, chappatis or dosas.
- This is easy to make, economical and a quick recipe for those busy moms.
Recipe courtesy of Vijayalakshmi Sethu