A mashed potato and chilies filling is seasoned with spices & spread between bread slices
6 Bread slices
1 cup besan (gram flour)
1 cup mashed potato
1-2 chopped green chilies
1/4 teaspoon ajwain (carom seeds)
1/4 teaspoon garam masala
1/4 teaspoon amchur (dry mango powder) (optional)
1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
1/4 teaspoon black pepper powder
1/4 teaspoon roasted cumin powder
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
1. Mix gram flour, red chilli powder, ajwain and salt. Add water to the mixture and beat to make smooth thick batter (Use your hands for better results).
2. Mix mashed potato, green chilies, garam masala, cumin powder, mango powder and black pepper powder.
3. Divide the potato mixture into 6 equal parts.
4. Cut each bread slice diagonally into two (triangular pieces).
5. Stuff potato mixture between the two parts of each bread slice and dip it in the thick gram flour batter.
6. Similarly prepare the pakoras with the rest of the 6 slices.
7. Deep fry these bread pakoras in oil until golden brown.
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes