• 1 – large Eggplant
• 1 tsp – cumin
• 1 – onion, finely chopped
• 1 tsp – ginger-garlic paste
• 2 to 3 – medium ripe tomatoes, finely chopped
• 1/4 tsp – Turmeric
• 1 tbsp – coriander-cumin powder
• 1 tsp – Garam Masala
• 1 tsp – chilli powder
- Wash the eggplant, wipe it dry and then coat it with some oil.
- Roast eggplant directly on stove on a medium flame till softened.
- Let it cool and then remove the skin from the eggplant.
- Remove its flesh, mash it well and keep it aside.
- Saute onions, ginger garlic paste along with the spices until soft in 1 tsp of oil.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and saute until tomatoes are soft.
- Finally add the mashed eggplant, mix well until combined and serve hot garnished with cilantro.
- Recipe courtesy: Dhivya Karthik