• 6 pieces – sandwich bread
• 1 tbsp – Butter
• 1 – Onion
• 2 – eggs
• 1 – Green chilli
• A little green coriander
• 1 tsp – Red Chilli powder
• 1 tsp – black pepper powder
• salt – to taste
- Cut the edges of the bread slices. Spread butter on only one side of the slices and keep aside.
- Heat a non-stick pan, and on medium flame, fry the buttered side of the bread slices only and not the other side.
- Keep all these slices aside.
- Chop onions, coriander, green chillies finely and mix them all well along with red chilli powder and salt.
- Beat the eggs well and pour into the onion mixture. Keep aside.
- On a non-stick pan, take a little butter and spread .
- Now, take a tbsp full of the onion-egg mixture and spread in a square shape or so as to match the shape of the bread slices.
- If the pan is big enough, four such spoonful can be spread .
- See that the spread is not too thick, and keep the flame on medium.
- Now, pat the bread slices each on the egg mixture on the pan with the buttered and toasted side up and press so that it gets stuck to the omelette.
- Let it cook for a while and take away from flame.
- Cut diagonally and serve hot with tomato ketchup or just like that for breakfast.
Recipe courtesy of Rekha John