• Cashew nut – 200 g
• Chana flour – 2 cups
• Curry leaves – 2 sprigs
• Coriander leaves – dry
• Ginger – 3 inches
• Garlic – 3 Cloves
• Green chillies – 4
• Oil – 1 tsp
• Vegetable oil for deep frying
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl. Put 3 tbsp of hot oil. Blend evenly using finger tips to mix the flour.
- Divide the flour into many portions to knead it well. Sprinkle water to first portion to make it like a thick dough (consistency of chapati dough).
- Make balls and flatten it on aluminium foil to make thin vadai.
- Deep fry in hot oil till crisp and brown.
- Serve hot with tomato sauce, salsa or mint chutney
Recipe courtesy of Shailaja