• For Baskets :
• 2 dozen – thin crust less slices of bread
• 6 to 8 tbsp – Butter
• For Filling :
• 1 cup – finely chopped, cooked Chicken
• 1 cup – Milk
• 1 tbsp – Butter
• 2 tbsp – flour
• 2 tsp – Lemon juice
• Salt, pepper to taste
• Few drops of Garlic and Ginger juice
• 2 tbsp. any crisp vegetable, Celery or capsicum, chopped fine, a little grated Carrot
- Butter the bread slices lightly on both sides and press them into muffin tin.
- Toast them in a slow oven of 275 F until crisp and light brown.
- Beat the yolks well and blend in the milk, flour, butter and seasoning.
- Double boil, stirring continuously, until the sauce thickens.
- Take off from fire and cool. Add the lemon juice, chicken and vegetable.
- Put spoonful in the toasted baskets and garnish with grated carrot.