• 1 cup – Rice
• 1/2 cup – Bengal Gram dal
• 1/2 cup – Toor Dal
• 4 – dry chillies (long)
• 1 – Onion
• 1 sprig – Curry leaves
• 2 tbsp – shredded Coconut
• oil for frying
- Cut the onion into small pieces.
- Soak the rice and dal separately. After 2 hours, grind the dal coarsely, then grind the rice with the chillies.
- Add salt, onion, shredded coconut and curry leaves. Mix thoroughly to prepare the batter.
- Pour the batter into a thick dosa in a frying pan. Drizzle oil.
- Turn over and cook both sides for 2 minutes on low flame.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney.
Recipe courtesy of Manimekalai