• 200 g – yellow moong dal
• 6 Green chillies (finely chopped)
• 2 tbsp – fresh Coriander leaves (finely chopped)
• 1/2 tsp – Cumin seeds
• 1/2 tsp – whole Coriander seeds
• little water (for grinding the dal)
• oil for deep frying
• salt to taste
- Wash and soak the dal for 2 to 3 hours. Drain out the water.
- Grind the dal coarsely using very little water.
- Add green chillies, coriander leaves, cumin seeds, coriander seeds and salt. Mix well.
- Deep fry small portions of the dal mixture in hot oil on a medium flame till golden.
- Serve with green chutney.
Recipe courtesy of Anita Raheja