• 600 g – grated bottle gourd/doodhi bhopla (with the water squeezed out)
• 100 g – almonds, blanched and sliced
• 500 g – Ghee
• 450 g – Sugar
• 400 g – water
• 1/2 g – saffron, dissolved in 1 tbsp Milk
• 2 tbsp – rose water
• 1 sheet silver warq for decoration
- Heat the ghee in a kadai.
- Add the grated bottle gourd and saute for over 3 to 5 minutes over a medium flame.
- Add the sugar and cook till it melts.
- Toss in the almonds and then add the water.
- Cook continuously till the mixture begins to harden.
- Add the saffron and rose water, and mix well.
- Transfer to a greased tray and set it like barfi.
- When cool, decorate with the silver warq sheet.
- Cut into diamond shapes and serve.