• 1.5 tin condensed Milk
• 1 cup – semolina (sooji)
• 1.5 cup – Ghee (clarified butter)
• 1 tsp – kesari powder
• 8 to 10 Cashewnuts
• 1.5 tbsp – Raisins
• 2 cups – water
- Heat the ghee in a kadai (wok).
- Fry cashewnuts and raisins till light brown and keep aside.
- Add sooji to the remaining ghee and fry till light brown.
- Add kesari powder dissolved in 2 cups of water.
- Keep stirring. Reduce heat.
- When all the water has been absorbed, add condensed milk.
- Stir well till traces of ghee begin to show at the sides of the pan.
- Spread on a greased plate, top with nuts and raisins.
- Serve this traditional mithai for festive occasions.