• 100 g – Goondh (edible gum) crushed, not too fine.
• 125 g- Desiccated, Coconut grated
• 125 g- Almonds, crushed, not too fine
• 100 g- Ghee
• 150 g- Sugar
• 1/2 tbsp- Wheat flour
• 1/2 tsp- Cardamom powder.
- Heat the almonds, coconut, cardamom in a large shallow dish and make a syrup of 2.5 thread consistency.
- Now heat ghee in a large heavy pan and saute the wheat flour until pink.
- Now add the gum crystals and allow to pop completely while stirring continuously.
- Take it off from the fire and mix well with a wooden mallet or base of a steel cup.
- Add this to the dry mixture.
- Now add the warm syrup (not boiling) to the mixture.
- Mix it well with 2 spatulas until it thickens.
- Take a greased plate or tray of about 1 inch thickness and pour the mix in it.
- Allow to cool until warm before marking and cutting squares or diamonds.
- Cool the pieces.
- Store in an airtight container.
Recipe courtesy of Saroj Kering