• 8 slices – Indian salmon
• 1 tbsp – Lemon juice or Vinegar
• 2 tsp – Red Chilli powder
• 1/2 tsp – pepper powder
• 3/4 tsp – salt (or to taste)
• 2 tsp – Turmeric powder
• 2 tbsp – oil
- Wash and clean fish pieces. Drain out water completely. Wipe each fish piece carefully with a soft kitchen towel.
- In a wide bowl, mix red chilli powder, pepper powder, turmeric powder and salt. Sprinkle 1 tbsp lemon juice or vinegar and make a thick paste. Do not add water.
- Apply this paste evenly on both the sides of each fish piece. Cover and keep aside for one hour.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a non-stick frying pan (tawa). Reduce the heat to medium. Arrange marinated fish pieces (4 or 8 fish pieces at a time, depending on the size of the frying pan) and shallow fry till golden brown on both the sides.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 tbsp oil when turning them over. Approximate frying time for each side is 10 minutes on medium to low heat.
- Gently remove fried fish pieces with a flat spatula. Drain on paper towels to absorb extra oil.
- Serve with rice / boiled tapioca. Decorate with lemon wedges, onion rings and tomato wedges (optional).
Recipe courtesy of Niya