• 100g – Blanched, dried, peeled Almonds
• 4 to 5 pieces – Sweet bread slices
• 150g – Powdered Sugar
• 1 tsp – Milk powder
• 2 tbsps – Milk
• A few drops – Almond essence
• Few drops – Yellow food colour (optional)
- Powder the almonds and the bread slices separately.
- Put all the ingredients in a heavy bottom vessel, and keep it on a high flame.
- Keep stirring to avoid burning.
- Within 5 mins, the sweet will form into a soft ball.
- Take off heat.
- You could spread it on a well greased plate, and cut in squares when cool.
- Or you could shape them, by pressing small balls of the sweet in little tart cups.
- Decorate the burfi with slivers of almonds, or grated pistas, or even tutti frutti or sultanas.
Recipe courtesy of Lakshmi