• Idlis – 10
• Oil – 2 tbsp
• Urad Dal – 1/2 tsp
• Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
• Chana dal – 1/2 tsp
• Green chillies – 3 chopped fine
• Curry leaves – a few
• Onion – 1 chopped fine
- Crush the idlis into small pieces with your hand.
- Pour oil in a pan and add mustard seeds.
- Once they start spluttering, add chana dal and urad dal.
- Once the dal turns golden brown, add chopped onions, green chillies and curry leaves.
- When onions turn golden brown, add crushed idlis and salt according to taste.
- Mix the ingredients.
- Tasty idli upma is ready.
- Serve with coconut chutney.
Recipe courtesy of Chitra Parameshwaran