• Mushroom – 4 (medium size)
• Onion – 1 (small cut into thin strips)
• 1 tsp – each of Mustard Seeds and Urad Dal
• Oil to fry
• Salt to taste
• Fresh coriander and Curry leaves – 1/2 tsp each
• Grind to paste:
• Coconut grated – 1/2 cup
• Jerra (cumin seeds) – 2 tsp fried
• Coriander seeds – 2 tsp fried
• Cashew nuts – 4 (whole)
- Heat oil in a pan, add urad dal and mustard seeds.
- When they splutter, add the onions fry for 1 min.
- Then add the mushrooms which is being cleaned and cut into thin strips it would be easy to cook. Let it stand for few min stir in between.
- Once when the mushroom is half-cooked, add the grinded paste.
- If u feel the gravy is too thick add 1/2 cup of water. Add salt to taste.
- Simmer the flame and let it stand till well done or when it leaves the oil and the smell of the masala is gone.
- Before serving, garnish with coriander leaves.
- Tastes good with steamed rice.
Recipe courtesy of Selva