• 3/4 cup rolled oats
• 1 cup plain flour, sifted
• 2/3 cup desiccated Coconut
• 1/2 cup Sugar
• 1/3 cup macadamias, chopped
• 2 tbsps golden syrup
• 125g unsalted Butter
• 1/2 tsp cooking soda
- Preheat oven to 170C. Place oats, flour, coconut, sugar and macadamias in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Make a well in the centre of the mixture and set aside.
- Place golden syrup and butter in a saucepan over medium heat and heat until melted and combined.
- Stir bi carb soda into 1 tbsp hot water, then add to the golden syrup mixture (it will bubble).
- Pour the mixture into the oats and stir until combined.
- Place tbsps of mixture onto baking trays lined with baking paper and press down slightly, allowing room for spreading.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.