• Besan – 3 cups
• Onions – 10
• Jeera seeds – 1 tsp
• Turmeric – 1/2 tsp
• Salt to taste
• Corn-starch – 1/4 cup
• Coriander leaves – small bunch
• Chilli powder as per taste
- Sieve together besan and corn flour.
- Add jeera seeds, turmeric, salt, chilli powder to the flour mix.
- Add water and blend well. Keep aside for 1 hour.
- Cut onions lengthwise. Dust with besan powder and salt.
- Drop onions into besan mixture.
- Heat oil in pan. Drop a tbsp of the onion-besan mixture and deep fry.
- Repeat with rest of the dough.
- Serve hot.
Recipe courtesy of joyce