• 1/2 cup – moong dhal
• 3/4-1 cup – jaggery, powdered (or according to taste)
• 1-1.5 cups – Milk
• 1/4 cup – thick Coconut Milk (optional) or 1/4 cup – grated Coconut
• 1/2 tsp – Cardamom powder
• 1 tbsp – Ghee
• 1 tbsp – cashews
• 1 tbsp – Raisins
- Heat 1 tsp ghee in a pressure pan and slightly roast cashews and raisins till it turns golden brown. Transfer to another bowl and keep aside.
- In the same pan, add remaining ghee and fry moong dhal.
- Add 1.5 cups of milk to the fried moong dhal and pressure cook it for 2 whistles.
- Meanwhile, add 1/2 cup of water to jaggery and heat it till it dissolves completely.
- Strain the jaggery and add to the cooked moong dhal.
- Mix and cook for 5 minutes.
- Then add coconut milk or grated coconut, and cardamom powder and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Adjust milk to get required consistency.
- Turn of the heat and add roasted cashews and raisins.
- Serve hot or chilled.
- Recipe courtesy: Sara’s Yummy Bites
Recipe courtesy of Saraswati