• 2-red chillies.
• 1 tsp- tuvar dal.
• 1 tsp- jeera.
• 8 -10-pepper.
• 1 pinch-haldi powder.
• 1- medium sized tomato.
• 1 tsp- Imli paste.
• 1 tsp-ghee.
• 1tsp- mustard seeds.
• 1/2 tsp- jeera.
• a few Curry leaves and Coriander leaves for tadka.
- Heat kadhai. Add ghee and fry tuvar dal, chillies, pepper and jeera till dal is golden brown.
- Cool and grind in a mixer with tomatoes.
- In a vessel, add 1 glass water and add this paste, 1 tsp imli paste and salt and boil for ten minutes.
- Now, add 1 glass of water and when bubbles begin to appear, remove from flame.
- Heat a kadhai for tempering.
- Add ghee. When its hot, add mustard seeds, jeera and curry leaves. When they splutter, add to hot rasam.
- Garnish with coriander leaves. This can be had with plain cooked rice or as an appetiser.
Recipe courtesy of Uma