• 1 cup – Tamarind extract
• 10 – Shallots
• 5 – Garlic pods
• 1 tsp – pepper powder
• 1 tsp – jeeraga powder (cumin seed powder)
• 1/2 tsp – Fenugreek seeds
• 1/4 tsp – mustard
• 1/4 tsp – Urad Dal
• 1 tsp – Dhania powder
• 1/2 tsp – Red Chilli powder
• 4 – Curry leaves
• 1/4 cup – gingili oil
- Heat gingili oil in a heavy bottomed pan.
- Once the oil is hot, add the mustard and urad dal and let it splutter.
- Add the fenugreek seeds and fry it.
- Cut the shallots into two pieces.
- Add the shallot pieces and garlic pods to the oil.
- Fry everything well in gingili oil.
- Meanwhile mix the pepper powder, cumin seed powder, red chilli powder, salt and dhania powder to the tamarind extract.
- Add the spiced tamarind extract to the shallots.
- Cook them for 20 to 25 minutes in medium flame with the lid.
- Stir it occasionally.
- Once the oil get separated from the kuzhambu turn off the stove.
- Add the curry leaves to the kuzhambu.
- Serve hot with rice.
- Recipe courtesy: Priya Easy N Tasty Recipe
Recipe courtesy of Priya