- Radish leaves – 300 grams
- Curd – 1.5 cup (whisked)
- Chickpea flour – 3/4 cup (100 grams)
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Green coriander – 2 to 3 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Green chili – 2 (finely chopped)
- Ginger paste – 1 tsp
- Asafoetida – 1 pinch
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – 1.5 tsp or to taste
- Oil – 2 tbsp
How to make?
Drench the radish leaves in water and rinse it twice with water thoroughly. Place it over sieve to drain out water. After this, make a bunch from these leaves and chop them down finely.
Saute the leaves
Heat some oil in a vessel and to it add half the quantity of asafoetida and cumin seeds. After the seeds crackle, add green chili and ginger paste. Saute for a while and then add radish leaves and 1.5 cups of water. Cover and cook the leaves until they get tender on medium flame. After every 3 to 4 minute, stir the leaves and cook for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes leaves will get tender.
Prepare chickpea-curd batter
Take chickpea flour in a vessel and add little curd to it. Stir until all lumps dissolves completely. After this, add remaining curd and mix thoroughly. Now add 2 cups of water and stir to mix well. Batter is now ready.
Mix the radish leaves to batter
When the leaves get tender, add the prepared batter and stir with spoon. Now add 2 cups of water followed by turmeric powder and half the amount of red chili powder. Mix thoroughly and continue stirring until there is simmer in the kadhi.
After the kadhi simmers, add salt and mix well. Continue cooking for 10 more minutes on low flame and keep stirring after 1 to 2 minutes to prevent it from sticking to base.
After 10 to 12 minutes when it simmers, kadhi is ready. Take it off from flame and place on a stand. Mix some green coriander to it.
- You can finely chop the leaves using a knife as well.
- Kadhi can be prepared without ginger paste as well.
- Use sour curd for making the kadhi. Take out the curd from refrigerator a day before and place it outside to get the sour taste.
- If making kadhi with fresh curd then to add tangy taste to it mix 1 to 2 tsp lemon juice to it.
- Prepare temperingHeat some oil in a small pan and add cumin seeds to it. When the seeds crackle turn off the flame and add asafoetida and red chilii powder to it. Mix this tempering to the wok.
Delicious and flavorsome radish leaves kadhi is ready. This much kadhi is sufficient for 4 to 5 members. Serve it with chapatti, paranthas, naan and relish eating.