• 1 packet – Rice noodles
• 1 tsp – Urad Dal
• 1.5 cup – grated Coconut
• 1 tbsp – oil to be added while boiling the noodles
• 1.5 tsp – salt to be added while boiling the noodles
• 3 tbsp – oil for tempering
• 1 tsp – Mustard Seeds
• 3 green chilies (finely chopped)
• 8 to 10 Curry leaves
• 2 tbsp – finely chopped Coriander leaves
• a handful of Cashew nuts broken into pieces
• sufficient water for boiling the noodles
• salt to taste
- Keep sufficient water to boil in a big vessel.
- Break the rice noodles into pieces.
- When the water boils, add the noodles
- With 1 tbsp of oil and a little salt to taste.
- After 5 minutes, when the noodles have boiled, drain out the water from the noodles in a big strainer.
- Cool the noodles completely.
- Heat oil in a kadhai, add mustard sees.
- When the seeds splutter, add chopped green chilies and curry leaves.
- Fry for a minute and add the urad dal.
- Fry till the dal is slightly brown in color.
- Add the cashew nuts and fry till the nuts are golden in color.
- Add the noodles and mix well.
- Garnish with grated coconut, salt to taste and finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Mix well and serve hot.
Recipe courtesy of Vasanthi