• 2 cups – sweet Lime juice
• 1 tbsp – Lemon juice
• 1 cup – granulated Sugar
• 2 cups – water
• 1 tsp – Lemon rind, finely grated
• 1 tbsp – or more icing Sugar as required
- Check that there are no seeds in the juices, strain if required.
- Boil sugar and water, without stirring, till it starts boiling.
- Reduce heat, simmer for 5 mins.
- Remove from fire, allow to cool to room temperature.
- Mix in lemon rind, lemon juice and lime juice.
- Check for sweetness, add icing sugar as required after tasting mixture.
- Set mixture in covered container in freezer, till softly set.
- Remove from freezer, beat till smooth, but do not allow to melt.
- Return to container, refreeze.
- Beat again, and return to freezer, till well set.
- Serve in scoops, garnishing with candied lemon and lime peels or mint sprigs.
Recipe courtesy of Saroj Kering