• Rice – 1.5 cups
• Urad Dal – 4 tbsp
• Red Chillies – 6 or 7
• Curry leaves
• Cashewnuts – 5
• 1/2 cup – dry Coconut (kopra)
• Ghee for frying
• Channa dal – 1 tsp
• Urad Dal – 1 tsp
• Salt to taste
- Cook the rice and let it cool so that grains separate.
- Fry 4 tbsp of urad dal, the red chillies and dry coconut until golden brown and dry grind into a coarse powder.
- Add the powder to the rice and salt to taste.
- Take 1 tsp of ghee in a pan and fry the cashew nuts golden brown.
- Drain the cashew nuts and add to the rice.
- Put 1 tsp each of channa dal and urad dal in ghee, add curry leaves and fry until golden brown, and add to the rice.
- Mix well.
Recipe courtesy of Ranjini