• 3 cups – Toor Dal
• 4 – Red Chillies
• 2 cups – mixed vegetables (cabbage/cauliflower/beans/cluster beans – finely chopped)
• 1/2 tsp – Turmeric powder
• 1/2 tsp – Mustard Seed
• 1/2 tsp – Urad Dal
• 4 tbsp – oil
• Salt, to taste
- Soak the dal along with red chillies for 1 hour.
- Wash and drain the dal and grind it coarsely with chillies (without adding water).
- Put a little asafoetida powder and required salt in the ground dal.
- Spread oil evenly in one container of the pressure cooker. Spread the ground dal evenly in the vessel.
- Put the finely chopped vegetables mixed with a little turmeric and salt in another container and pressure cook till done (at least 4 whistles.)
- After removing from the cooker, cool the dal well and grind it in mixie without adding water.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and when it splutters, add urad dal.
- Add the ground dal and fry till golden brown.
- Put the boiled vegetable in dal and stir well and keep in a low flame for 2-3 mins and remove from fire.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi